Monday, August 29, 2011

Dye Project

My four-year-old goes back to school today.  It's time to get working on some projects.  I'm excited that the Diamond Chains Quiltalong at Tilda's Twisted Life has started.  Cutting instructions come out tomorrow and I haven't even selected my fabrics yet.  I am going to try to dye some of the muslin that I bought at JoAnns on a bolt.  What do I have to lose?
I have selected Rit's green apple dye hoping that it will come out looking similar to Martha Stewart's Living Paint color of Rhododendron Leaf.  If it somes out a little swirly and not all one color that would be cool too.  We'll see.

Now, from what my sister-in-law tells me... if I go with something like a Martha Living color and I use the little codes on the cards, as long as I pick something that matches the little symbol on the card with another color with that symbol the colors should compliment each other.  We'll see.  Then hopefully I will be able to find some items in my stash that match the dyed color.  I have a couple of vintage sheets that may work perfect for this project.  Tune in to see how this project works.

Oh, and the picture on the graphing paper is the block that I will be making.  Check it out!

Tilda's Twisted Life
Okay, I'm back...  LOVING the color while it's still in the bucket.  Green is my favorite color.  How could I go wrong?  I can't wait to see what color it is when it dries.



Meemaw Love To Quilt is having a giveaway.  You could win a copy of American Patchwork, true stories from quilters.  This giveaway ends Wednesday, August 31, at 11:00 pm -- Tell her I sent you and you will get an extra entry!!

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Dying your fabric? Wow! I'm impressed!

Linda said...

How fun!Good luck with the dying. I also love green!