Monday, December 26, 2011

We Can Do It Skill Builder Block 20 - Circle Applique

Happy holidays.  I hope everybody had a great Christmas. 

Here's my block for the We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler.  It's Block #20 - Circle Applique.  I used the applique method where the circle is sewn to the interfacing, and then the interfacing is ironed to the foundation square before it is sewn.  I used a page of the phone book behind each circle for extra support.  I like it.  It worked and kept my block nice and flat.

BWS tips button


*********************************************************************************
Check out the End of Year giveaway at A Desert Quilter!!!

http://adesertquilter.blogspot.com/2011/12/end-of-year-giveaway.html

Nichol is  giving away 20 Fat Quarters! I'm not sure what line this is from but it was so much fun! Very bright and cheery, just what is in order for these next few cold winter months ahead. Along with the fat quarters Nichol is also going to give the winner a $40 discount on the quilting..... You'll get 20 fat quarters and you'll get the quilt top quilted for the cost of stitching only! This is an incredible savings and Nichol can't wait to see what these beautiful fabrics become!


 

1 comment:

Quiltaholic said...

I just found your comment on my blog, *DOH* apologies, I'm getting the hang of this technical stuff rather slowly! Beautiful fabrics! I'll hop over and mention that you told me about it! Thank you Kathy, *HUGS*