Monday, December 12, 2011

We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler

Here's the We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler block #19 -- Orange Windows.  This week Leila walked us through making a block using raw edge applique.  I am glad that she just didn't give us a template to cut and sew.  She actually had us get a compass and make our own "orange peel" pieces.  I was lucky that the remnant of iron-on sticky stuff that I bought in the bin at JoAnn Fabric worked for this project.  I didn't get the instructions for it, but I thought it was a deal for 44 cents.  Here's my block:


BWS tips button

I didn't get much sewing done this week due to all of the blog hops.  Boy, there are a lot out there and I'm not even half done.  Happy hopping everybody!

**********************************************************************************
To win a charm pack of A Walk In the Woods, stop and celebrate Kat's blogiversary at: the blog Diary of a Flutter Kat.
Good luck!
**********************************************************************************
Check out the giveaway Shannon is having at Fabrics N Quilts:
**********************************************************************************


 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Block! Love the background you chose! Thanks for blogging our giveaway!