Wednesday, January 4, 2012

WIP Wednesday 1.4.12

Not a lot of quilty stuff this week.  But here's what I can post now:

Liberated Tree for Sophie

The Block Lotto participants made a quilt for the Lotto's creator, Sophie.I put this Liberated Tree block together for the quilt.  Everything was organized by Laura.  Awesome job, Laura.

Some fabulous ladies put together a group to make her this quilt.  You can see my block in the bottom row.  We each selected a past Block Lotto block for our pattern.  We were to follow the color rules of the original Block Lotto block.

If you are interested in the Block Lotto, the January block complete with instructions can be found here.

I've been working on Orca Bay Step 8.  The mystery has been revealed.  I'm not sure if I have enough contrast between my yellows and neutrals.  I'm sure it will be bright and pretty when it's done.  I have all of the flying geese sewn but none of the border pieces.  All of the Ohio Stars have been ripped apart and put together correctly.  I'm sure I'll bet my momentum caught back up after a few things settle down here.




I declared every Tuesday as Tiny Tuesday.  I will make seven little houses per week.  This is doable if I set aside one day a week when my son is in school.  I can chain piece the tiny 3" paper-pieced blocks.  I think the hardest part is deciding what colors/fabrics to use to make them look good.

 
For the UFO Challenge of 2012 I am happy to see that my X's & O's baby quilt is back on the adgenda.  I'm excited to try FMQ again.  This should be a good quilt to practice FMQ.
 
I'm happy with the circle appliques on the We Can Do It Skill Builder Block
 
BWS tips button
 
 
 
New Projects - 0
Completed Projects --  3
Completed Step 6 for Orca Bay-Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt
House blocks complete this week - 3
Completed circle applique block for the We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
 


Currently in Progress:  7

Chasing Chevrons (need to make the pieced back)
Dutchman's Puzzle (awaiting border decisions)
Orca Bay (completed step 1-5 - currently caught up)
Bluepatch Quilter Mystery Quiltalong (need two stars and one braid)
Victorianna Fabric Party Quiltalong (need two rows to catch up)
Summer Series Quiltalong (stilll need 4 more random blocks)
We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler (need to do this week's petals and leaves applique block)
30"x30" Quilt for the June 2012 quilt show -- Secretly started working on this again!

Quilt Tops to be quilted:  5
Jelly Roll Race - Lap quilt
Oh Susannah! Mystery Quiltalong - California King
Kaleidoscope Quiltalong
X's and O's baby quilt -- Back on my radar

Projects on Hold: 5

Flower Basket Quilt
Charity Quilt for our local quilt guild (2 cut)
May Block Lotto Pineapple Blocks to be put together
August Block Lotto African Violets baby quilt to be put together
Crumb Along with Jo's Country Junction (still making crumbs)
Drunkard's Path Quiltalong

Stop by and see who else has what else going on with Lee at Freshly Pieced!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

1 comment:

Kris from Duke Says Sew What said...

Your plate is full! Love the Orca Bay. Can't wait to see your Chevron quilt all finished!