Monday, February 6, 2012

February Block Lotto

Here's three more blocks that I will be adding to the February Block Lotto pot.  Each block should be 9.5" (9" finished).  Controlled colors are grey, cream, orange, and pink.  The February theme is hearts.  If you haven't checked out the Block Lotto, click the link on my right side bar.  It's a lot of fun!


The inspiration came from Angela's post yesterday at Cut to Pieces.  I loved her modern bee blocks.
http://cuttopieces.blogspot.com/2012/02/all-about-you.html

For the block I made, this is the first time I have used Aurfil thread.  Wow!  It really worked great with one of my fancy machine stitches... I'll just call it 4:16 (the numbers I have to select to get it.)  I figured I better post that info so that I can reference it some other day.

And then here's two paper-pieced hearts.  These patterns are from the "free blocks" tab at the top of the page at http://www.yvonnes.dk/



*****************************************************************************

No comments: