Wednesday, April 18, 2012

WIP Wednesday 4.18.12

Here's what I did this week:

I'm still working on my Twelve UFO Challenge for 2012 for April with all these crumb pieces.  I'm getting closer!  These are the last of the crumbs.  Now I need to finish the back (fabrics selected and cut), sandwich it, quilt it...


I completed Part 2 of the Phantastic Quilt.

Here's my fabric selection from my stash for the Yahoo Groups 2012 Spring Mystery QA:


Finished four doll quilts for the 2012 Get Your Mrs. Claus On.  These are the other crumb blocks that go with the first picture in this post.

Here are the backs. I like the little Accuquilt GO! Baby die that helped me make these. It's in the "Die to Try" section on the Accuquilt page.

Are you wondering what I will do with these? Sometime closer to the end of the year I will send them to my bloggy friend, Debbie, in South Carolina. Debbie and her elf husband are major contributors to help kids get Christmas presents in their area. I know Debbie follows my blog. I hope she is pleasantly surprised. SURPRISE! I'm not going to send them just yet. I'll wait to closer to the time in the late fall. You can read more about this cute charity by visiting Debbie's Blog, Stitchin' Therapy. It's at a tab at that top that says, "Get Your Mrs. Claus On". Here's the link:
So if you are reading this, Debbie, count me in for four finished quilts so far.



Completed Projects -- 4

Completed Part 2 of the Phantastic Quilt
Completed the quilt top for the Twelve UFO Challenge for 2012 for April
Selected fabrics for the Yahoo Groups 2012 Spring Mystery quilt
Finished four doll quilts for the Get Your Mrs. Claus On charity (from my crumb-a-long blocks)

Currently and SLOWLY in Progress: 8

Chasing Chevrons
Dutchman's Puzzle (changed mind on border and need to think about this one some more.)
Orca Bay (piecing together the last step) (I'm getting tired of moving these bins around.)
Bluepatch Quilter Mystery Quiltalong (need two stars and one braid)
Victorianna Fabric Party Quiltalong (need four rows to catch up)
Summer Series Quiltalong (stilll need more random blocks)
We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler (need to complete the tumbler and apple core blocks)
30"x30" Quilt for the June 2012 quilt show-- slowly working on this...

Quilt Tops to be quilted: 4

Oh Susannah! Mystery QA -- California King
Kaleidoscope QA
May 2011 Pineapple Blossom Block Lotto quilt (sandwiched and waiting on me)
Jelly Roll Race - Lap quilt
Projects on Hold: 3
Flower Basket Quilt
August Block Lotto African Violets baby quilt to be put together
Drunkard's Path Quiltalong

Stop by and see who else has what else going on with Lee at Freshly Pieced!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

5 comments:

Betty said...

You've got a lot of things going on.
One is finished now: Hurray!

Teresa F. said...

Great looking projects. The scrappy quilt looks awesome.

The Thompsons said...

You've gotten a lot done! Those doll quilts are seriously adorable!

Pattilou said...

Those doll quilts are so-o-o-o darn cute!

Debbie said...

Oops....how did I miss this post??? Surprised and blessed to see your 4 doll quilts!!!! Thank you, thank you so much. They are so cute and will be adorable in the cradles.