Friday, July 13, 2012

My First Flower and FNSI

I now have over 1000 hexagons cut.  These measure 1" finished.  Ummm is this too serious for my first hexagon project--a hexagon postage stamp quilt?  Hmmmmm.  Here's my first flower.  I'm really happy with it.  It's machine sewn.  LOVE YouTube stuff.  I thought these blocks would be much harder, but it worked out great.  I only marked the center square.  I thought I had to mark them all.  Now I better watch another video on how to attach all the flowers once I make them.  Probably the same way.
This flower is what I worked on a little for the FNSI.  I decided to skip the "spooky" theme and just work more on my tumbler charm quilt too.  My husband came home from working out of town earlier than expected and we got to have our "date" night (with our little five-year-old.)  I'll update tomorrow on how much sewing on the tumbler actually got done.  But I do love my one flower!
Check out what the others are doing at Heidi's blog:  http://www.handmadebyheidi.blogspot.com/

Handmade by Heidi



No comments: