Tuesday, July 17, 2012

WIP Wednesday 7.18.12

Getting just a little sewing in here and there.  Here's what's happening this week.
The Tetris cubes are falling.  Here's the first set of blocks (1 of 6).

I made a silly string block for the July Block Lotto.

Added more rows to the tumbler charm quilt.  Rows 13 and 14 were added this last couple of days.

I made my first hexagon flower.  I now have it pinned to the curtain near my sewing machine.  It makes me happy.

Completed Projects -- 3

Cut out Tetris Blocks (1st block complete)
Silly String Block for the Block Lotto (1)
Tumbler Quilt now has 13 rows completed
Hexagon flowers this week (1)

New Projects - 0
But I'm still considering the Great Granny Along... Oh how this is bugging me! 

A another QA that is really modern is coming 8/2at Pile of Fabric blog and I'm going to try to wrap a few things up so that I can start that one.  It's called  Totally Groovy Quilt Along.   You can find info and a giveaway here:  http://pileofabric.com/post/1001884-totally-groovy-quilt-along-with-prizes#comments

Totally Groovy Quilt Along at Pile O' Fabric

Currently and SLOWLY in Progress: 7
Cafe Mocha (In the Bag Ugly Fabric quilt challenge
Tumbler Charm Quilt
New York Beauty QA (need a ton of pinwheels... only 8 beauties completed)
Tetris QA
Dutchman's Puzzle (finally purchased border 5/14/12.)
Summer Series Quiltalong (stilll need more random blocks)
We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler (need six very pretty blocks to be caught up!)
Drunkard's Path Quiltalong (still piecing sub assemblies)
Modern Mini Round Robin (waiting on next partner)
Quilt Tops to be quilted: 4
Oh Susannah! Mystery QA -- California King
Kaleidoscope QA
Jelly Roll Race - Lap quilt
Chasing Chevrons (back made and ready finally)
Quilt guild swap quilt

Projects on Hold: 5
Flower Basket Quilt
August Block Lotto African Violets baby quilt
Orca Bay (piecing together the last step) (I'm getting tired of moving these bins around.)
Victorianna Fabric Party Quiltalong (need five rows to catch up)
Bluepatch Quilter Mystery Quiltalong (need two stars and one braid)

Stop by and see who else has what else going on with Lee at Freshly Pieced!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


2 comments:

Taryn V. said...

It is fun to see those tetris blocks coming together! I love your tumbler charm quilt, scrappy quilts are my favorite! I am hoping to do the Groovy QAL too, it looks like such a fun quilt! Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday!

The Thompsons said...

Oo- I really like that silly string block.