Monday, December 17, 2012

Scrappy Christmas QA Blocks

Here's all of my blocks for the Scrappy Christmas QA with Katrina at Sunshower Quilts.  Is it too busy?  I plan on giving this quilt a nice poinsettias border.  I am thinking about a green small inner border first.  Will the border be enough place for the eyes to rest?  Right now I am leaning towards just sewing it as is without sashing but adding the two borders.  Suggestions -- please!  It seems to look much calmer in the photo than it does in real life.

Disregard the grey/blue on the bed.  That's the quilt under it.  But then again it kinds gives you an idea of what

4 comments:

Katrina said...

I love it! I need to get moving if I want to keep a step ahead of you LOL! I love how the eye moves around the quilt. Don't sash or you will lose the secondary stars that come out. I plan on just doing two borders - a smaller first border - probably 2" cut and then a larger, maybe, 6.5" cut border. Once it is together it will look great!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

I think it looks great how it is.

Michele said...

I think a plain green small border will look perfect and then your 2nd border. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Material Girl said...

I also think it looks great, and I agree with the small green inner border and then your second border.