Monday, April 22, 2013

Scrappy Trip Progress

Here's the progress on my scrappy trip quilt.  If you haven't seen all the beautiful scrappy trip quilts on Pintrest or Flickr, be careful... it's addicting.  We have Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville to thank for this beautiful block!  Here's the link to her instructions. 

My favorite layout is from Venus de Hilo, Stephanie's blog.  Yes, I am sewing the blocks together as I make them.  I believe my starting heap of fabrics is enough that I won't have to worry about the same scraps touching each other.  I call my color scheme Finding Nemo.  I have selected greens and blues of all kinds with orange going diagonally through the center of each block.  I LOVE it already!  Right now I am going with the 96" x 96" layout (64 blocks).  I have a feeling that this will not be my only scrappy trip quilt!



1 comment:

Shirley said...

Very nice and I love it. I too have a scrappy quilt in the process of all fall colors.