Sunday, June 2, 2013

H2H & Quilt Doodle Designs & And Sew On... BOM


 I'm off to a great start for June.  I finished my Quilt Doodle Designs BOM AND my And Sew On BOM @ Quiet Play BOTH on the first day of the month!  Doing the happy dance, happy dance!

Here's my Quilt Doodle Designs BOM 2013 for June.  It's really a Greisan Square block, but Cindy has her son's graduation on the brain and is calling it "Grad Party".  Congrats to Thomas!

  
 
We've got ROW ONE!  I thought for sure Cindy wasn't going to do this block, but one of the brocks from another rows...  I'm glad I spent the time to make my sashing while my little guy was still in school.  YEAH!!!  What's a little sentimental with this quilt is that many of these fabrics were from a WIP that my mom started in the 80's.  It was just a simple 6" block pattern.  Glad to see it's more.

 
Here's my And Sew On... BOM @ Quiet Play.  It's called A Stitch in Time.  Love it!  I wasn't very creative with the colors of the hexies and used the same colors in the pattern, but they easily  matched the color scheme of the rest of my blocks.
 
 


Today's also the day to link up with the H2H -- Hands to Help challenge.  Check out all of the pretty donated quilts this week at Confessions of a Fabric Addict blog.

 
Here's the quilt that I mailed to Emily.  The charity is called Happy Chemo.  You can find more details at Em's Scrapbag blog.  Emily helps patients of all ages going through chemo have a brighter day.
 
 
 
 

14 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Very sweet charity quilt that I am sure will please someone to the heart.

Karen said...

Your H2H is very colorful. I am sure some one will treasure your generous gift.

tink's mom said...

Wonderful quilt that will make someone's day just a little brighter.

Quilt n Queen said...

Kathy, your Happy Chemo quilt will give joy and comfort to someone who needs a little happiness and will put a smile on their face. It is a 'happy' quilt. Happy Stitching, Pauline

Sue Daurio said...

Love the H2H quilt, front and back are adorable!!

Rhonda said...

What a great quilt. I love the "snippet" design and the back is just a great!!

April said...

Beautiful! The colors are so lovely.

Kathleen said...

I love your quilt. The flowers on the front and tie in the back fabric is genius! Someone is going to be very blessed by it!

Sarah Craig said...

What a cool little quilt! It should make someone going through chemo very happy! Thanks so much for joining in this year!

Carol E. said...

Love those both! I like the flowers added to the scrap quilt.

Quilting Nonnie said...

It's lovely. Very cheerful.

Kristy @ Quiet Play said...

Your blocks are looking great!

The H2H quilt is lovely - I'm sure it'll brighten someone's day!

BunkHouseQuilts said...

Wow, I love the appliqued flowers on the front and that back is fabulous! Two quilts in one!

Quilt Doodle Designs said...

I love your progress so far!