Friday, July 5, 2013

Friday Finish -- Rocking Horse panel

I have to say that this Friday finish is not one of my favorite quilts.  This rocking horse panel was thrown in a box of things I got at a garage sale about two years ago.  I can see why it wasn't quilted back then.  It is soooooo crooked!  But it was a good place for me to try longarming a new design that I call Wonky Baptist Fans.

The owner of Circle Lord, Michael, threw in a sample of his version of the Baptist Fan to tempt me to buy it when he shipped me the Circle Lord Swirls template (which I totally LOVE!)  I do like his version better than the one I have from R&S Designs, but I don't think I like it for about $350!  It is much, much easier to follow.  I decided to use the one fan and keep turning it as I quilted each one.

This little quilt measures 34" x 44".  It has a vintage sheet on the back.  I used 2" strips for the binding instead of 2.5" to make a narrow, full binding.  Binding used to be one of my least favorite parts of a quilt, but since I have been getting lot of practice applying binding with all these finishes, it's getting better and better.  I'm even happy with my binding corners on this one.  This binding is also machine stitched with a zigzag size (4 x 4) on my Husqvarna Viking sewing machine.  It's a great binding for a little quilt that I donated as a charity quilt for my LQG that will hopefully be washed and washed and drug around with love.






I'm happy to link up with Richard and Tanya Quilts for the Link-A-Finish FRIDAY.

 
I'm also showing off this finish by joining the linky parties on:

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Another Viking-quilter. Which Viking?
Beautiful quilting on this quilt! The kid who gets this quilt would be happy with it!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

It looks great Kathy....nice quilting

Julianne said...

The quilting looks great Kathy...nice job girlfriend!

Sarah Craig said...

Your quilt looks great, Kathy! I like the quilting design, too. Whoop whoop!!

Michele said...

I know that you weren't crazy about this panel but you did a great job with the quilting.

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

Thanks for linking to 100 Quilts. And the baptist fans are so much fun!!