Monday, July 22, 2013

Picadilly Circle

Here's a new project I saved to work on while camping last week.  I cut out all the funky shapes for my Picadilly Circle quilt.  Here's one of the blocks I did as a sample to see if I like it.  The block is not complete because it needs a circle in the middle.  I did not cut the circles yet.  This is a quilt from Quiltmaker Magazine.  I like it because it uses lots of scraps in different colorways.  Every morning while my husband and son were asleep I would cut shapes out of black fat quarters.  From the rest of the fabric I would cut pieces for my string quilt sashings.  Whew.  After FIVE days the cutting is complete.  I'm glad I did this in spurts.  I don't know when it will get sewn, I'll consider it a quilt "kit".  I can't believe that it took me all this time to cut it, and that there are only 12 blocks total.  Whatever.  I'm thankful for Accuquilt!


2 comments:

Julianne said...

Gonna be pretty!

Michele said...

That looks really interesting. I'll be watching this one.