Wednesday, July 31, 2013

WIP Wednesday 7.31.13

I haven't posted a WIP Wednesday for a while due to our camping trip.  I'll show what I've been up to since then.  I can't believe it's the end of July already.  My son and I have been having oodles of fun.  Last night I couldn't sleep and got up in the middle of the night and seemed to find my quilting mojo.  Yeah!  I'm back in the groove.  I worked on both of my MMMRR13 last night and my Quilt Story Lucky Stars QA.  Can't wait to show you them.  I should have the borders on the Lucky Stars quilt today.

I'm hoping to get some of the Star Surround quilt pieces cut today.  What's one more QA when two are almost finished as tops?  (String of Pearls and Lucky Stars)

My MMMRR13 is quilted and getting a binding this week.  Hopefully for a Friday finish.  Here it is on the frame:



I made a block for the Picadilly Circle quilt I found in Quiltmaker Magazine.  He's my orange block minus the center circle.  I cut out all of the tedious black shapes while camping.  It seemed to take forever, but was a good camping project!



I have been waiting for the right strings quilt for my first string quilt.  This quilt, Rock Island Campfire is out of the last issue of Fons & Porter.  I love my first block.  I cut all the big pieces (sashing and squares) while on vacation.  Now all I need to do is start chain piecing some strings!  That will be a fun project since I just LOVE strings!



I made a Wedding Ring sample block and was going to cut a bazillion triangles during camping, but I can't find the sample block that I took camping AND I ran out of time.  That's okay.  It will surface when we put the camper in storage (hopefully not until after Thanksgiving).  I also have enough going on that I won't run out of things to do.  I love this block!  I'm thinking different calicos for it.



I made a back for a charity quilt for our LQG.  It won't be long until my six-year old will be in school and I can longarm as I please.  I sadly only used my longarm twice for the month of July.  It will wait.  He's only six once!



New Projects
1.  Rock Island Campfire quilt

2.  Picadilly Circle
3.  Snowman quilt (pattern from Debbie Mum's book)
4.  Star Surround QA (What's one more QA?)

 Pieces still need to be cut
1. Herringbone OSU quilt
2. Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt) -- Gave blocks to LQG Round Robin swap 4.23.13
3. Aiming for Accuracy QA with Michele Foster at Quilting Gallery (Current QA)
4. Quilt Doodle Designs BOM (Current QA)
5.  ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play (Current QA)



Blocks still need to be made
1. NY Beauty
2. Orca Bay
3. We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
4. Red/White Flower Basket Quilt
5. Maroon Star Sampler Quilt
6. Color coordinated hexagon quilt
7. Gourmet Quilter Sampler
8. Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
9. Amanda Murphy Designs (ugly fabric quilt)
10. Drunkard's Path Variation baby quilt

11. Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt


Blocks are made but need to be sewn together (and some sashing)

1. Block Swap Adventure Sampler (2011 - 2012)
2. Butterfly Blocks (that I won)
3. Orange/Blue Fish Blocks (that I won)
4. Split Stars (block won from the Block Lotto)
5. African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired)

6.  Geese blocks from May 2013 Block Lotto

 Quilt back need to be made (tops are done)
1. Grandma's WIP -- Cameo Rose (this one is a long-term project)
2. Grandma's WIP #2 (this is also a long-term project)
3. Tumbler Charm Quilt

4. LQG Christmas charity quilt

5. LQG Jacob's Ladder charity quilt
6. LQG Ship charity quilt
7.  Lucky Stars  

Ready to longarm
1. Dutchman's Puzzle
2. Scrappy Christmas QA
3. Spring Mystery longarmed, but Eyelashes to rip out!
4. Easy Street
5.  String of Pearls QA at Christa Quilts (half loaded on the frame)



Quilted, needs binding
 MMMRR13


Open ended projects (Red highlighted items on this list are complete for July.)
1. Block Lotto Blocks (only made one block for July) 
2. And Sew On BOM project 2013
3. 2013 BOM Quilt Doodle Designs

Each Wednesday I try to link up with Lee at Freshly Pieced. Sometimes the linky will accept my picture and let me link; sometimes it doesn't. But I try.
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced