Monday, August 19, 2013

Quilty Hugs from Across the USA

Do you know what happens when you join a bunch of quiltalongs and swaps?  You make an AWESOME friend(s)!  Here's some quilty hugs that were sent to me for my birthday from my friend, Julianne in California. 


Sometimes my quilty friend twists my arm all the way from across the country to join a quiltalong!  It's one I really don't want to do at first, but then it turns out to be one of the best quilts ever!!!  She listens to me complain and laughs with me via e-mail.  Someday I'm going to get my text to talk thing from my six-year-old so that I can text her all the time.

Disclaimer... The two cones of thread in the picture are not the same ones she sent to me.  I have already visited "23" today and delivered the two cones that Julianne sent me.  I was so excited because I didn't have those colors!

Look at all that fabric!  Looks like I'll know what to use in one of the upcoming QA's that she "makes" me do.  LOL.  I know exactly where that mug rug is going... next to my computer... since she also has me drinking pumpkin spice coffee on a regular basis now (decaf of course.)

Quilty hugs, right back at 'cha, Jules!  Thank you.  It so awesome having a friend like you.

1 comment:

Julianne said...

Yay! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KATHY!! I am so glad that you like your envelope full of goodies!! I hope you have a wonderful day and if I lived closer, I would have baked you a cake too! I'm so glad we are friends! HUGS!!