Monday, October 7, 2013

Easy Street is finally on the frame

I finally decided to quilt my Easy Street quilt.  This will probably be the last quilt I do for myself for a while.  I'm experimenting with the Circle Lord Swirl design on it before I quilt Julianne's Easy Street.  She shipped it to me from California.  I can't wait to have them both finished and take a picture of the "twins".  Glad I can use mine as the test bunny.


Look how much of the frame this quilt takes up!!!  This is the largest one I have done so far.  I don't remember the measurements.  I do know that I used all of my snap-on leaders but two!  Whew... glad I have a little breathing room.


 
If you're wondering what leader grips are... THEY ARE WONDERFUL!!!  They making loading the quilt so easy!  No pins... no zippers...  I probably wouldn't have bought them, but the guy that sold me the longarm said that he was throwing in on my package because I would be easier for him to teach me how to load the quilt!  Cool, huh?  Here's a YouTube video of leader grips.  I'm not sure if this is the brand that I have or not.  The Nolting dealer installed mine for me by sewing them in.
 

2 comments:

Julianne said...

Wooooohooooo!! Its gonna look Awwwwwwwesome!

Michele said...

Very cool and leader grips or red snappers are on my list to Santa this year.