Wednesday, October 9, 2013

WIP Wednesday 10.9.13

I've been super busy!  I didn't even have time to post last week's WIP Wednesday.  Here's what happened this past two weeks.  I'm excited to say that I have had a lot of finishes lately.  I have decided to quilt for others now.  Recently I have taken on EIGHT quilts to longarm, plus three more for charity and one complete quilt for a niece of a friend!  I'm very excited about this.  Although I won't be posting pictures here of all the quilts, I'm still busy!  I finished my Lucky Stars QA at Quilt Story.



I finished my Split Decision baby quilt.  (I have enough blocks to make a second!)



My Easy Street quilt is finally on the longarm frame.  It's 25% done.



I completed the October BOM for the Quilt Doodle Design QA.  Here's all my blocks so far:



I finished quilting my fall tablecloth.  A little binding and this will be my Friday Finish.



I'm still sewing together triangle blocks for my Modern Trees at Christa Quilts.



I mailed my one Boomer Block from The Block Lotto.



I specifically went into a Salvation Army store this week to get a cd/cassette player and speakers.  Look what great find I got for $7!!!  What a great deal.  It sounds great too.  Now I can set the tunes and longarm away.

 
New Projects
1.  Heather Spence Fall 2013 Mystery
2.  2nd Split Decision baby quilt (for a customer!)
3.  One quilt to longarm for Julianne (Easy Street).
4.  SEVEN quilts to longarm for Sue.  Whew!
 
Pieces Still Need to be Cut & Sewn
1.  Herringbone OSU quilt
2.  Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt) -- Gave blocks to LQG Round Robin swap 4.23.13
3.  Quilt Doodle Designs BOM
4.  Rock Island Campfire Quilt
5.  Picadilly Circle
6.  Snowman quilt (pattern from Debbie Mum's book)
7. ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play
9.  MSBHQAL (Molli Sparkles Broken Herringbone Quilt Along)

Blocks Still Need to be Made
1.  NY Beauty
2.  Orca Bay
3.  We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
4.  Red/White Flower Basket Quilt
5.  Maroon Star Sampler Quilt
6.  Color coordinated hexagon quilt
7.  Gourmet Quilter Sampler
8.  Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
9. Amanda Murphy Designs (ugly fabric quilt)
10.  Drunkard's Path Variation baby quilt
11.  Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt

Blocks are made but need to be sewn together (and/or some sashing)
1.  Block Swap Adventure Sampler (2011-2012)
2.  Butterfly Blocks (that I won)
3.  Orange/Blue Fish Blocks (that I won)
4.  Split Stars (blocks won from Block Lotto; October, 2012)
5.  African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired)
6.  Tall Fly (blocks won from Block Lotto; January 2013)

Quilts back needs o be made (tops are done)
1.  Grandma's WIP -- Cameo Rose (this one is a long-term project)
2.  Grandma's WIP #2 (This is also a long-term project)
3.  LQG Christmas charity quilt


Ready to longarm
1.  Dutchman's Puzzle
2.  Scrappy Christmas QA (I think I am going to straight-line quilt this one.)
3.  Spring Mystery 2013 (still need to rip out those early longarming eyelashes)
4.  Easy Street (on the frame now.)
5.  Geese blocks from May 2013 Block Lotto
6.  LQG Ship charity quilt
7.  LQG Just 6" Squares
8.  Pink baby quilt for LQG
9.  LQG Row by Row charity quilt
10. LQG Christmas quilt
11. Julianne's Easy Street Quilt
12. Sue's quilt #1
13. Sue's quilt #2
14. Sue's quilt #3
15. Sue's quilt #4
16. Sue's quilt #5
17. Sue's quilt #6
18. Sue's quilt #7

Quilted, needs binding
1.  Fall tablecloth

 Each Wednesday I try to link up with Lee at Freshly Pieced.  Check out what others are doing!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
 
WHEW!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Wow you are busy! Wonderful that you are taking quilts on to longarm too :)

Lorna McMahon said...

I can't believe how many projects you have on the go! I would not be able to keep it all straight - even with a list. Good for you, Kathy! Your quilts are all lovely and that fall table runner is gorgeous! Great find at the thrift shop. What a deal!