Thursday, February 20, 2014

Someone Else's WIP

Someone else's WIP is now my WIP.  I found this block in some of the garage sale scraps that I bought two summers ago.  I just couldn't throw it away.  I like it, but didn't know what to do with it.  I came across it again while pulling blue/green/orange strips from my stash.  It was waaaaaaaaay in the bottom of the bin.  I guess it was meant for me to find it and start working on it.  Ironically I trimmed a charity quilt today and the scrap batting was just the perfect size for it.  Coincidence?  I think not.  God must have wanted me to get the message "What kind of house will you build for me?"  Acts 7-49.

I am just doing straight line quilting across it with my walking foot.  It looks "organic".   I am a huge fan of mindless sewing.  I LOVE the calico fabric that just happened to also be right there within reach in my fabric bin.  It goes perfect with it.  I will use the calico fabric as the binding as well.  I love the X's and dashes going around the Osnaburg fabric attaching it to the border fabric.  I am going to put a hanging sleeve on it as well.  I have the perfect place for it in our bedroom on my side of the bed.

1 comment:

joe tulips said...

This will be really really cool when you are done. I love that straight line quilting.