Friday, March 7, 2014

An Unusual Friday Finish for Me 3.7.14

This little quilt is an unusual finish for me.  It measures 17" x 20.5".  I don't know why I am so drawn to it.  This little project was someone else's WIP.  It was in with some scraps I bought at a garage sale.  When I found it I thought that I would just rip the little house off of the background fabric and have a nice neutral background in my scraps for something like a Bonnie Hunter scrappy quilt.  I ran across it at the bottom of one of the bins again and was drawn to it as it set on my desk.  For some reason I felt this little quilt needed finished and hung.

 
It reads, "What kind of house will you build for me? Acts 7-49".  I believe that things don't happen by chance.  For some reason, God meant for me to know this verse.

I'm happy to link up today's finish with Richard and Tanya Quilts for the Link-A-Finish FRIDAY.

 
 
I'm also linking up with Elizabeth at Such a Sew and Sew. for the January Finishes Linky Party.
 
 
I'm also linking up with Leah Day at The Free Motion Quilting Project.  I love to watch her videos.  I have learned so much about freehand quilting on my regular sewing machine.  The biggest thing I have learned is to relax and have fun.  Don't rip out the mini mistakes.  You get better with practice!
 
 

3 comments:

juliehallfeldhaus said...

I think my DIL needs that she wants and needs a new house!!

Muv said...

The little house quilt is absolutely delightful, and so nice that you have finished it off for the previous owner - wherever she may be...
Love,
Muv

Elizabeth said...

Oh, I love it! What a good reminder this little quilt is to make your home a kind and loving place! Congrats on a great finish and thanks for linking up!

xo -E