Sunday, June 29, 2014

Quilt Made by a 10-Year Old

Yesterday I finished longarming this quilt that was made by a 10-year old girl.  She is learning to quilt in the kids' program with our local quilt guild.  I will be giving this quilt to her today.  I can't wait to see the look on her face.  I will also be giving her 7-year old sister the quilt that she made.

I quilted it with Circle Lord Swirls.  Sorry I couldn't show the whole quilt.  I was pressed for time.  I didn't want to risk getting grass all over it.

 
I love that bright inner border.  It really makes things pop and helps coordinate the back.
 
Here's the pieced back.


 
This one was made by her 7-year old sister.
 

1 comment:

Julianne said...

They both did such a great job, they look amazing! Cant wait to hear all about their reactions to seeing them quilted!