Wednesday, December 31, 2014

WIP Wednesday 12.31.14

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Well, I didn't meet my goal of cutting my WIPs in half this year.  Oh well...  I'm addicted to quilting.  I am done posting my WIP count at the end of the year.  I will have another finishes for 2014 post (I hope).  But for now, I am super happy with what I have accomplished. 

I found a pattern in a library book.  This little 27" square quilt is called Plaid Patches.  It is in the book Fast, Fun, and Fabulous Quilts, by Connie Tesene and Mary Tendall of Country Threads.  I'm so lucky our county library has access to so many fun quilt books.  I look at the online catalog, make my selection, and magically the book is delivered to my local library for pick-up.  And it's all FREE!!!  Woot woot!  I still had these 1.5" strips from the November RSC14 handy and did this:



Now to find a simple backing and think of how to quilt it.  The fun begins.  Looking forward to a lot in the RSC15 next year.  Here are some of my plans -- and yes, it's a HUGE list!

1.  Finish the above quilt (quilt and bind).
2.  Finish the Kite Girl quilt (will make a red one and then decide on how to sash.)
3.  Finish my Picadilly Circle quilt (need light & dark greens, yellow, and maroon--4 blocks)
4.  Finish the Scrumption Butter Churn (churn dash) quilt -- all blocks made needs sashing.
5.  Quilt the Little Letters quilt -- (quilt and bind).
6.  Continue making Urban Classics blocks in different colors (only made 2 so far).
7.  Continue Crown on Thorns blocks on the blue months.
8.  Make Scrap Crystals blocks on the blue and green months.
9.  Continue Fortune Teller blocks each month (strings blocks).  Only about 8 or so are made.
10. Scrappy string blocks in each color (with one little 2" x 3" piece of white).
11. Continue making rainbow colored knot blocks until I have enough for a crib quilt.
12.  Continue making underpants blocks.
13.  Start the RSC15 stars QA.

Clue #5 for Grand Illusion (by Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville) was done in a jiffy.
Here are my blocks for this week.


 
I did start SOMETHING NEW again this week.  No frets -- it's a baby quilt.  The top will be done in no time.  I am changing the size of the quilt.  It's Urban Churn Dash -- A Simple Sew Along at Piece N Quilt.

With help from my Accuquilt GO! Baby I had everything cut in about an hour!  Step 1 complete!

 
 




Frosty & Friends is a pattern by Debbie Mumm.  It is in a book from 1992 called Quick Country Quilting.  

I finished all the churn dash blocks for the Scrumptious Butter Churn Quilt.  Here's my layout minus the yellow sashing and cornerstones.  I got everything cut today.  Pattern for the Scrumptious Butter Churn by Jo at Jo's Country Junction.




I finished this adorable doll quilt.  This was a quilt along with Lori at Humble Quilts.  You can find the start of the mystery here.


I'm linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
 
 
New Projects This Week
1.  None
 
Pieces Still Need to be Cut & Sewn
1.  Underpants Project 
2.  Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt)
3.  Rock Island Campfire Quilt
4.  Picadilly Circle
5. ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play (one block to go)
6.  MSBHQAL (Molli Sparkles Broken Herringbone Quilt Along)
7.  Spring Sampler Series at Cora's Quilts
8.  Gypsy Wife QA (recycling  Red/White Flower Basket Quilt into this project & duds.)
9.  Quilt Doodle Doodles Designs 2014 BOM
10.  Love Laugh Quilt Christmas Improv QA
11.  Classic Meets Modern BOM
12.  Mod Mod QA (turning this one into a baby quilt) 
13.  Super Mario QA
14.  Grand Illusion -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2014 
 
 
Blocks Still Need to be Made
1.  NY Beauty
2.  Orca Bay
3.  We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
4.  Sweet Simplicity BOM
5. Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt
6.  Color coordinated hexagon quilt
7.  Gourmet Quilter Sampler
8.  Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
9.  Amanda Murphy Designs (ugly fabric quilt)
10.  Drunkard's Path Variation baby quilt

Blocks are made but need to be sewn together (and/or some sashing)
1.  Block Swap Adventure Sampler (2011-2012)
2.  Block Lotto Dud (Orphan Block Quilt)
3.  Orange/Blue Fish Blocks (that I won)
4.  Split Stars (blocks won from Block Lotto; October, 2012)
5.  African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired)
6.  Tall Fly 
7.  Scrumptious Butter Churn  All blocks are made!!!
 
Quilts back needs to be made (tops are done)
1.  Celtic Solstice (Bonnie Hunter Mystery 2013)


Ready to longarm
1.  Little Letters QA Quilt (A RSC14 project)
2.  Plaid Patches Table Topper (A RSC14 project)

Quilted, needs binding
1.  
 
Completed this week:
1.  Red Frosty #2  (almost done!)

No comments: