Monday, February 23, 2015

More Snow!

You would think I would get a lot of sewing done while we are snowed in, but it's usually just the opposite.  With my 1st grader home for two more snow days last week, we spent more time doing what "Owen wants to do".  Quilting never crossed his mind.  I think the lowest temp I saw was -13F, but that does not account for the wind chill factor.

I did manage to get five rows of my Butter Churn & Dash quilt put together.  These are blocks that I did for the RSC14.  You can find this free pattern from Jo at Jo's Country Junction here.

 
Three more rows to go!  This is one of my four Q1 goals for the 2015 Finish-Along.  You can read more about that at On the Windy Side.   I'm also linking up with Oh Scrap! at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.
 
2015 FAL at On the Windy SideQuilting is more fun than Housework
 
Here's a picture of our good ole snow plow truck.  It's a '71 Chevy that was a pulling truck at the local county fair.  It's got a mean rat motor in it and tears up the driveway.  My husband, my hero, gets us dug out on most days with this without getting out any of the bigger equipment.  If we have to get out the bigger equipment for our driveway, we might as well not go anywhere.  The roads won't be clear.
 
I'm sitting safely in the neighbor's drive as he gets his work truck unstuck from the driveway.  This is our road between us.  Notice that you can't see our house very well from the road.  It's back in there.


Here's what is happening in the back of my truck...  our son is making silly faces for me.


Earlier that day we went to a pinewood derby hosted by another cub scout group in the area.  He had a blast.  We may move to this group because it does a lot of scout activities that our group doesn't.


Here's another interesting picture I took on Saturday, 2/21/15.  See all those little black dots in the field at the top of this hill?  You can barely see them.  I counted at least 55 of them and wasn't done.  This all happened while driving down our street.

Here's the best shot I got of the little black dots (zoomed in).  They are wild turkeys!!!  Lots and lots of wild turkeys!  I love it out here in the sticks!

2 comments:

Michele said...

I know how you feel. We are all sick of the snow already.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Fingers crossed we make it through this winter with no snow. It is pretty to look at but really makes a mess in plans.

Thanks for sharing your lovely quilt with Oh Scrap!