Monday, November 9, 2015

Allitpie! -- Getting Started

November 27th can't get here soon enough.  The excitement is building.  Allitpie! is the 2015 Mystery quilt by Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville. 

I wish I could have recorded the expression on my son's face and his reaction when I told him what this year's colors were.  He went with me to the store to get our paint cards.  He LOVES to sort our scraps by color.  This adds a whole new level of fun for him.  Here he is working on the yellows this weekend:


 
After he inspects them to see if they are a "go" or a "no go" he puts them in the bins.  Then I iron them and sort them by size.  I LOVE to use the smallest of pieces (2" square) and use them first.  That way I use my scraps AND get a huge variety in the mystery quilt.
 
 
We were able to get all of the paint color cards except for the grey.  I got the one next to it.  I found a piece of grey in my stash that will work.  Woop woop!  An ALL STASH quilt!
 
Winter Mystery 2015 - Allietare!
 
Cynthia at Quilting is more fun than Housework! for Oh Scrap!
 
Quilting is more fun than Housework
 


3 comments:

gayle said...

Looks like your helper had his work cut out for him! And hurray for an all-stash quilt! (I had to do a bit of stash enhancement...)

Julianne said...

Holy scrap! That's a lot of yellow! I changed my mind about the colors, I am gonna do bright Orange for Red and Hot Pink for the Golds...

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Looks like you have a great helper with your scrap sorting. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!