Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Grand Illusion COMPLETE! WIP Wednesday

I'm excited to have another finish.  I've been knocking them off my list one by one.  I can't believe that I finished my Grand Illusion 2014 Mystery Quilt.  The super fun mystery pattern was the 2014 mystery lead by our awesome Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville.  Here it is:


I didn't sort my pinks or greens very seriously.  I should have stayed in some of the ranges of the paint examples.  But it's a fun quilt!  There are so many funky neutrals!

 
I quilted it with my Circle Lord Loopys giant template board.
 
 
I backed this quilt with an unknown fabric.  I have no idea what it is.  I bought "30 feet" of it at a garage sale for $5.  My best guess is that it's a flannel-lined stretch denim?  It's not denim, but it's heavier than cotton.  There's only a little stretch to it.  I thought it was funny at the garage sale that it was advertised as 30 feet vs. 10 yards.  I really like how the Loopys pattern looks on it.  I haven't washed it yet.  I know it will be super soft after a few washes.


I'm linking up with Richard and Tanya's Link-A-Friday Finish #192.  Check out all the other finishes!

LAFF - Richard and Tanya Quilts

Here's my friend's (Julianne) quilt (from Quilting with Calicos) next to mine.  She picked out all those fabulous colors and pieced it.  I just longarmed it for her.  But it's because of HER that I was motivated to finish mine.  :)



Now I am confident to allow myself to start the 2015 Bonnie Hunter Mystery, Allitpie!   Here's my little helper sorting the yellow scraps with the paint cards.  He LOVES doing this!



WOW I just realized that since I put my mini WIP list on my right side bar that I only have two more big finishes on it before I can make a new list.  Woop woop!
I'm linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced today http://www.freshlypieced.com/
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
 
 
New Projects This Week
1.  Started sorting fabrics for Bonnie Hunter 2015 Mystery, Allietpie!
Pieces Still Need to be Cut & Sewn
1.  Underpants Project 
2.  Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt)
3.  Rock Island Campfire Quilt
4.  Picadilly Circle
5. ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play (one block to go)
6.  Fortune Teller (RSC14 started -- need blocks each month)
7.  Spring Sampler Series at Cora's Quilts (added to the maroon blocks)
8.  Challenge at FabricsNQuilts. mystery quilt (starts July 15, 2015!)
9.  That Quirky Scrap QA with Leila at Sewn (I finally found those four patches I did!)
10.  Love Laugh Quilt Christmas Improv QA
11.  Classic Meets Modern BOM
12.  Mod Mod QA (turning this one into a baby quilt) 
13.  Super Mario QA
14.  Spools (Leader & Ender project with Bonnie Hunter)
15,  Sew Sweet Simplicity BOM (made from shirt scraps)
16.  Kite Girl (RSC14) Need one more red block and sashing made
17.  Charm Square Sampler QA by Modern Tradition Quilts
18.  Cabins at the Lake (from Fons & Porter Magazine) (only one house block complete.
21.  Slabs with White Rectangle (RSC14 started -- need blocks each month)
22.  Little Houses
 
Blocks Still Need to be Made
1.  NY Beauty
2.  RSC15 Sawtooth Star Sampler & alternate blocks
3.  Scrap Crystals
4.  Amanda Murphy Designs (ugly fabric quilt)
5. Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt
6. MSBHQAL (Molli Sparkles Broken Herringbone Quilt Along) (making into a table topper)
7.  Drunkard's Path Variation baby quilt
8.  Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
 
Blocks are made but need to be sewn together (and/or some sashing)
1.  Block Swap Adventure Orange/Yellow Sampler (2011-2012)
2.  Leah Day Building Blocks QA -- making into a baby quilt
3.  Orange/Blue Fish Blocks (that I won)
4.  Split Stars (blocks won from Block Lotto; October, 2012)
5.  African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired)
6.  December 2014 Block Lotto Big O blocks that I won 12.31.14!
7.  We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
8.  Sonja's Windows string quilt
9.  Block Swap Adventure (2013) Churn Dash Blocks 
10.  The School Bell Has Rung sampler at laugh yourself into Stitches. 
11.  Orca Bay
 
Quilts back needs to be made (tops are done)
1.  Celtic Solstice (Bonnie Hunter Mystery 2013)
2.  Surround Stars Pillow (one big block is here somewhere.  It will be a pillow when I find it.)
3.  Spangled Stars QA
4.  Humble Quilts Mystery Mini (can't decide how to quilt this)
 
Ready to longarm
1.  Little Letters QA Quilt (A RSC14 project)
2.  Customer's Flower Sampler quilt (Lisa)
3.  Customer's baby quilt (Lisa)
4.  Customer's Christmas quilt (Lisa)
5.  Customer's Pineapple Quilt (Sue) (on the frame)
6.  Customer's Blue and Brown Log Cabin Quilt (Sue)
 
 Quilted, needs binding
1.  Pat Sloan 2015 BOM -- Vacation Time (look for a Friday finish!)
 
Completed this week:

1.  Julianne's Grand Illusion (longarmed)
2.  Grand Illusion!
 
53-- Current WIPS

2 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Very nice quilt, Kathy...lots of work going on

Needled Mom said...

Well done and beautiful.