Tuesday, January 12, 2016

75 Spools for 2015

Every year I throw my empty spools in a bag.  I don't know what I'm going to do with them.  But for now I count them.  This year was very productive.  (This does not count my longarm cone spools.)  I almost forgot to count my spools for 2015 and then remembered when I emptied my first spool for 2016 this week.

This is what 75 empty spools look like:


I had a nice pyramid-cool looking stack of spools, but when I finally wrote this post I realized that the picture was just black.  Well, this is what you get.

I didn't use all the thread on these spools myself.  When my mother-in-law passed away last January she thoughtfully left me her sewing things.  She sewed professionally.  Her work was beautiful.  It was very important to her that the thread matched each garment perfectly.  It doesn't matter to me when piecing quilt blocks.  Her thread will not go to waste.  I think of her every time I need to reach for another spool.

We miss you, Dora.

No comments: