Saturday, January 23, 2016

RSC16 -- Blue and FNSI Results

Here's my progress on my blue scraps this week:

I made this adorable Aurifil 2016 Designer BOM block.  This block is called Swirl Away.  It was designed by Heather Valentine.


Click to DOWNLOAD Swirl Away the Jan Aurifil Designer Block 

I also made a Folk Art Birds block from Kathy Doughty's book, Making Quilts during the FNSI.

 


Here's a link to the book by Kathy Doughty:
http://www.amazon.com/Making-Quilts-Doughty-Material-Obsession/dp/1607058227/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1453124234&sr=1-4&keywords=kathy+doughty


Making Quilts with Kathy Doughty of Material Obsession: 21 Authentic Projects  I was lucky enough to get a copy of the book through our LOCAL LIBRARY!!!

I'm also linking up with the RSC16 on Angela's blog, SoScrappy.  Love the blues in January!

RSC16

8 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Great blocks!!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wow!! That Swirl Away block is really something else!! I will be interested to see how they interact with each other in a quilt.

gayle said...

Swirl Away is really cute!
I love your bluesy bird. That book is on my wishlist!

Jennie in GA said...

What a cute blue bird!! Never would have thought of that.

scraphappy said...

Both fun blocks. Good work!

Angie said...

Both blocks look great! I'm glad you decided to do the birds, they will be fun to watch.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Doing those birds with RSC colors is a great idea!

dq said...

I am just loving your swirl away block! It is a great design and I'll have to go check out the pattern.