Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Oh Scrap! It's Scraptastic Tuesday!



I'm linking up with Leanne at She Can Quilt for Scraptastic Tuesday.  Come join in on the fun!
 
C & T Publishing keeps sending me these super tempting e-mails.  They have been having $5 blowout sales on books.  I bought a few. Visit the site each Friday for their $5 Blowout Deals.
 
 One of them was Welcome Home ~~ Surround Yourself with Country Warmth, by Cheryl Wall.  Cheryl got my attention with the adorable house blocks made from shirtings.  I've been dying to get into my plaid/shirtings scrap bin.  It's over full.
 
Here's the block I made for Cheryl's pattern, Welcome Home Sampler Quilt.  It's the first one in the book.  It's a step-by-step instruction.  I'll need to read a little ahead to streamline the cutting process.
 
 
Isn't that block adorable?  It's only half done!  I need to add the flower and side HST's.  It's almost like something I would see on one of the many fun blogs I follow.  Paulette at Sweet P Quilting and Creations does a lot of primitive quilts that I just adore!  It looks like it should be on her blog!

I'm also linking up with Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun than Housework for Oh Scrap!
 

Quilting is more fun than Housework
 

2 comments:

Susan said...

I didn't know about that, and the book is back to $23.95 now. You got a steal!

TheEclecticAbuela said...

Great block!