Sunday, October 2, 2016

Let's Book It!

I'm still working on blocks from the same book.  I'm loving the Let's Book It! Challenge.  Here's the how the block that I'm working on started:

 
This week it progressed to this:
 
 
I'm linking up with Sharon for the Let's Book It Challenge at Vroomans Quilts. for the Let's Book It Challenge for October here.
 
I need to finish stitching down the branch on the right and then adding the leaves.  I'm a little hesitant to add the leaves, but I'm glad I'm not worried because this quilt will look primitive.
 
The book I am using is  Welcome Home ~~ Surround Yourself with Country Warmth, by Cheryl Wall.  Cheryl got my attention with the adorable house blocks made from shirtings. 
 
Here's the next block I am working on for Cheryl's pattern, Welcome Home Sampler Quilt.  This block is a tree with leaves and a crow on top.  This one is going to help me pass the time while waiting on the bus... and students... and lunch... and speech... and cub scouts...  Yeah!  I love working from my to-go bag. 


Dust Off Those BooksI'm also linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.  It's a gorgeous day outside here in Ohio.  Have a great week, everybody!

1 comment:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

The tree is coming along nicely - it's about enjoying the process so don't rush it.