Sunday, December 25, 2016

Stars Stripes, & Other Stuff Top Complete

Merry Christmas!  I scheduled this post in advance so that I could spend the day with my family.  Having a 9.5 year old is a magical time and I wouldn't miss it for a second!

After I finished all nine of the hand applique stars I couldn't just let them sit on a pile.  I quickly put them together into a little quilt.


I didn't really care for the rail fence blocks in the quilt pattern.  I just added some plain squares.  It's Americana enough for me.

Here's what the little quilt looks like in the book.

 
Here's what the book looks like.  I'm still not sure where I got this book... A garage sale?
 
 
I'm linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.  The place for today's linky party is here. It's another gorgeous day outside here in Ohio.  There is a white blanket of snow.   Have a great week, everybody!


 

3 comments:

Deb A said...

Enjoy your Christmas! I wish Santa had delivered some ear plugs.... for the adults! Your stars look great and what a great quilt that will be for snuggling under or using for a picnic to watch fireworks with.

AnnieO said...

Oh, I like your version! What a fun and cozy quilt it made.

LA Paylor said...

great version. I almost always change it up to suit myself. Good finish
LeeAnna at not afraid of color