Sunday, January 1, 2017

OMG, Slow Sunday Stitching, and Oh Scrap! January -- Stars, Stripes & Other Things

Here's the WIP I plan to finish this month.  This little quilt started because I needed a quick project to throw in my to-go bag.  I grabbed one of my books and thought that it would take me a little while to applique nine stars onto squares.  The little blocks fit into a Ziploc bag and this quilt came to life quicker than I thought it would.



The pattern is called Stars, Stripes & Other Things.  The pattern had rail fence blocks in it, but I just used squares.  It is in this book that I found at a garage sale:



I love those little projects in my to-go bag.  It makes me feel productive.

I'm linking up with Patty at Elm Street Quilts for the OMG (One Monthly Goal) linky party.



Since this started out as one of my Slow Sunday Stitching projects, I'm also linking up with Kathy's Quilts for the linky party.

Slow Sunday Stitching


Since 2017 is hopefully the year of getting rid of my 85 WIPS and working through my scraps and I only used scraps on this quilt I am also joining Cynthia at Quilting is more fun than Housework for the Oh Scrap! linky party.

Quilting is more fun than Housework

10 comments:

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I feel so much better now having only 20 WIPs. 85 is a lot of projects! But you picked a good one to start off with - I love it! Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Karen's Korner said...

Good luck with achieving your 85 finishes. I look forward to seeing them as they are done.

Nann said...

The starry quilt is very appealing! The Stashbusters group is having a "by the book" challenge this year -- to make a quilt, any quilt, from a pattern in a quilt book. Looks as though your project fits into that category as well. Hope your'll achieve all your goals this year.

Sarah said...

I must add up my UFOs but I know it's no where near 85!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is adorable!!! Do it - Do it!! ;-)

gayle said...

What a sweet quilt! Isn't it amazing how quickly a little bit here and a little bit there can add up?

Patty said...

I enjoy a bit of hand stitching too. Thanks for thinking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal. Good luck with your goal!

Kate said...

Very pretty! I love the color combinations and those plaids you used.

Anita Jackson @ Domestic Felicity said...

This looks like a great project to use my Americana and July prints! Thanks for the inspiration!

Quilter Kathy said...

Fantastic start to the year!