Thursday, April 6, 2017

My Heart Skips a Beat Quilt Top Done -- OMG

I don't usually name my quilts.  But this one is called "My Heart Skips a Beat".  I call it that because I won these blocks from Linda who blogs at Art In Search..  Linda puts together beautiful comfort quilts.  These "Hearts Galore" were blocks given to Linda.  She put them up for adoption.  The orphan block adoption was hosted by Cynthia's blog, Quilting is More Fun Than Housework.  This quilt will be donated to Happy Chemo as an H2H quilt.  Emily from Em's Scrap bag will be distributing the quilts.  H2H stands for Hands to Help.  It's a comfort quilt charity drive that is driven by Sarah Craig at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.

Look at all the LOVE that has gone into this quilt already.  I received from Linda all of the heart blocks that were already fused and sewn to the perfectly square blocks.  Some were not done.  I decided that for the sake of interest I would leave some of the blocks without hearts -- hence the "skip" part of the beat.  I think I'm making great progress on this quilt!  It will be a long twin.  Right now it measures 62" x 94".  My son has a California twin bed.  I like the way it fits on that.  Hopefully it will go to someone that needs a taller quilt.

 
 
Spring is here in Ohio.  See that hill behind this quilt to the right?  It's a topsoil pile from when my husband dug the hole for the house we have been building.  Our property used to be his grandparent's raspberry farm.  In that hill is a mama fox with new babies.  They were born in March.  I can hear them yipping from where I took this photo.  This will be at least the 4th year a den of pups have been there.  They may have been there other years...I just notice more since I raise chickens and ducks.  Better keep my flock locked up.  Mama fox nursing usually three pups will get pretty hungry.  At least we have a huge rabbit population to feed her.

4 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Nice finish! Yes, I would worry about my chickens and rabbits too.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Oh, I am overjoyed with what you did! You are terrific! I will crosslink from my blog.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on getting that quilt top put together. It will make a great H2H quilt!!

The Thompsons said...

Oh my goodness! I love the hearts and I love the name you gave it! So pretty!