Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Presidential Challenge -- The Underpants Project

Our local quilt guild had a "presidential challenge".  They called it this because we were supposed to work on them around Presidents' Day.  They are really for a quilt show in July.  The challenge was to use a magazine page to inspire us to create a 30" x 30" (or so) quilt.  I thought I would kill two birds with one stone (as I often try to do) and use my Underpants Project block to make this quilt.

 
I used this applique tool.  It's called Judy's Applique Gem.  I got it here at Gadget Girls.  I thought it would make a nice stocking stuffer for me a couple years ago at Christmas.  This is the first time I used it.  It was really nice to help me follow the unusual curve of the underpants.  The little straight part of the ruler also helped me with the straight part. 
 
I did a simple outline of the panties and then just a small stippling everywhere else.

 
Here's the ad I'm going to put with it for the show:
 
 
Linking up for Fiber Tuesday 107 here.  Check out What's in the Quilting Room with Mel!
 
Fiber Tuesday Link Party for all fiber crafts
 

3 comments:

Donna said...

I think this is a cute quilt! It would be good for toddlers who are being potty trained! Doesn't everyone bribe their kids with cute undies to help with potty training?

Susan said...

That ad will be so funny with the quilt. I don't know where you got the idea for the quilt, but it is plain fun.

Needled Mom said...

Sooo cute.